...about LASIK or a similar surgery today. I'm having one of the worst contact lens-related days ever. There have been plenty of frustrating days in the past 25 (yes, 25) years of wearing contacts. But today - UGH.
I left work early at lunchtime to take out my lenses, specifically the right (or WRONG) lens that was causing me actual pain this morning. Now, even with my glasses on, my eyeball still hurts. I just looked... (looked!) at my eye in the bathroom mirror and apparently angered it again.
I look like I've been crying, and I suppose I have been technically, but really it's just my "hurty" right eyeball. And yes, I will go see my doctor tomorrow if it still hurts.
Oh LASIK, where are you, my friend? Oh, there you are... at least a year away.
~E
3 comments:
When I worked at Sanofi, the first year our optical insurance covered Lasik up to $10k. I was such an idiot.
I don't need Lasik, why would I get optical insurance for that?
Doh. My husband is almost blind as a bat. Why I didn't add him to my insurance and get it for him, I'll never know. What an idiot! Poor guy struggles with contact issues all the time, especially during allergy season. :-(
Awww... poor Orange Peel!
I'm usually pretty lucky with my lenses. Doc just put me on new ones that seemed fine until recently. The sister has really bad luck with her lenses, so much that the first thing she does when she gets home from work is take them out.
~E
During allergy season, Neil now uses the daily disposables. (Which someone has been begging him to get for years, but ahem, he doesn't do.) And he's also using special prescription eye drops (also another beg from a certain someone), so he's doing a lot better now.
When he got the disposables and the eye drops, he said, "Wow. These are great...I wish I'd done it sooner."
Really?!?!
Post a Comment