I tried in vain to take some photos of our backyard the evening it snowed - our lighting was poor and they just didn't come out. So I ventured out the next morning, around 9 AM to snap away.
Emma joined me on the patio. No sooner did we step outside and survey our surroundings when a pair of ducks flew overhead, one of them landing in our pool with a splash. And I had my camera!

Emma was so well-behaved. I was certain she would race towards the duck and scare it away. Instead she slowly backed away and walked to the back door. I turned around and walked to the back door to call Mike outside, but as soon as I opened the door our duck friend took off with a very loud QUACK. Emma didn't want to go back outside for several hours after this, so I think the duck actually scared her.
This is the second time we have had ducks in our pool (that we are aware of) the first being just about one year ago. We were sitting in the living room and heard the quacking from our backyard. We got some pictures then, too.
We live pretty close (walking distance) to a large pond so I think these are traveling ducks, not local. That's just my theory of course, and I have absolutely no data to support it. I just figure local ducks would hang out in the pond around the corner.
Have a wonderful day!
Elisa
3 comments:
Ain't that a "ducky" picture! (hahahaha I crack myself up with my wit!)
I will have to post our snow day pictures. Let me just say, they deserve explanation.
:)
"both of my readers..." LMAO! You're cute!
And I can't believe that the duck would scare Emma! That little girl is fearless. Come on Emma-Doodle...where's the lion in you???
See, both my readers have commented, too! :-)
I was surprised that Emma was scared of the duck. She chases the ones by the pond... And I thought since duck was in HER YARD she would really let him have it!
I'll share with Emma that you are disappointed. :-)
Post a Comment